May 10, 2009

I make sure everything remains raw

A bunch of mixtapes worth checking have dropped lately. I haven't really kept up with them so try at your own risk but I bet there's at least a couple of good ones among them. (ht: Get Right Music)

I like what I've heard from Red and Meth's latest so far. Blackout 2 is out soon. This is definitely worth a listen.

DJ Green Lantern & Red and Meth - Lights Out


I'm still not totally sold on The Cool Kids but I've heard this 'tape is good. I've only heard a few tracks so far. It hasn't blown my mind.


The Cool Kids - Gone Fishing


Rae's Cuban Linx 2 is almost getting into Detox territory. Still, he's been working hard and the songs that've been leaking are strong. Check it.


Busta's new stuff is promising (if a bit ridiculous). I'm looking forward to listening to this one through.



A cool mixtape of Wu Tang and other golden age stuff. It's an education. Definitely check this one.

DJ Fricktion & The Lovesoul DJs & Wu Tang - The Golden Chamber


Ice Cube hasn't been the same since the mid 90s but he's got plenty of material for a best of mixtape. One of the best angry rappers.


1 comment:

This is ChiChi Podcast - Table The Matter said...

You Will Not Believe Your Eyes After Watching This, Check Out Method and Red Man With The craziest Magician Ever! Black Out 2 In Stores May 19th 2009,
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=56659028