Jan 7, 2008

From the mean streets of Kingston...

Hip hop is dead. Or at least downsizing. What isn't downsizing is hip hop blogs and I'm here to contribute to the tide with very knowledgeable, well considered opinions. I feel that growing up in Tasmania has given me the ideal background to be a hip hop critic.

I'm keen for there to be an Aussie flavour to this blog, believe it or not Australian hip hop goes beyond Hilltop Hoods and The Herd and I'd like to get into some of that this year.

I guess I also want to talk about news that interests me, albums I'm listening to, explain a bit about why I like hip hop but mostly I want to hear about what my friends Tim, Gus and Simon are listening to and talk about what I'm into.

Anyway, here's an offering to start with. Gimme some more by Busta Rhymes. This is an excellent video, I'm a little sad that Busta has left his wackiness behind for the tough guy image.

2 comments:

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

I think that Busta wrote this song about food. Hey, congrats on the new blog, my homies!!

Nick said...

Thanks pabs!

I think the only food he was talking about was the cheddar.