Jan 13, 2008

Kool Keith should keep it real, he should rap about space and mars

I'm not smoking blunts and looking for jazz records at the Roosevelt...I'm drinking water and wondering whether I should go to see Dr Octagon (aka Kool Keith, Dr Dooom, Keith Korg, etc) and Kutmasta Kurt next Tuesday OR leave that one and go to see Cypress Hill and Pharoahe Monch in February or possibly turn to a life of crime to feed my addiction. This is not a problem that I would have faced in Hobart since none of them would have toured there and I'm not yet hardened enough in my Sydney ways to not care. I saw The Roots last year and it hurt when Xzibit (and I think Ice Cube?) toured and I couldn't go.

I've heard that Kool Keith is one of the best live acts in hip hop. On the other hand, Cypress Hill are also touring veterans with a decent catalogue. Pharoahe Monch is insane and I'd love to see him live. I think I'll go and see Kool Keith because to not go isn't really an option. However, this doesn't mean it's all resolved, I'm still in internal turmoil. Woe is me!






How could I not see that live?

2 comments:

Simon said...

I'd be tightening the belt by a hole or two and saving hard between now and then! The choice is too hard to make, sell a kidney and go to see both.

Nick said...

Yeah, I'm looking into it.

It turns out that I may not get to see Dr Octagon after all - a screw-up with a credit card. I'm hoping tickets won't be sold out and I can grab one on Monday.

I also need to find someone who's into it so I can have someone to go with.