Mar 22, 2008

Check the Technique: A Sample (part 1)

In my exile from the internet I turned to reading. Shocking, I know. Check the Technique, which I mentioned before, has been inspiring. Here's the first part of a selection of artists it covers:

Beastie Boys
- So What'cha Want



Mario C said "That was the last song, the one that sealed the deal and let us know that the album was ready." Nice way to finish a three-and-a-half-years-in-the-making album. I'm not a huge fan of the Beasties but this song is cool and they make the best hip hop videos. Also, the chapter on Check the Technique is one of the best ones in the book.

Big Daddy Kane - Ain't No Half Steppin'



"Brain cells are lit, ideas start to hit
Next the formation of words that fit
At the table I sit, making it legit
And when my pen hits the paper, ahh shit!"

DAS EFX - Mic Checka



Check this one of theirs out too.

No comments: