Aug 13, 2008

Blueprint - The Weightroom

The first mixtape cd I got came free with a cd I ordered online. The cd is long since lost but based on songs from that cd I bought De La Soul's Grind Date, Prince Paul's Politics of the Business and just the other day Blueprint's The Weightroom. The Weightroom has a track on it called 'Time Management' which Simon will remember because we both loved it. It was the first we'd heard of Blueprint and his ridiculous braggadocio. We loved lines like:
'temporary insanity was the fuel behind my fury
I threw the book at the judge and got rushed by security'
That song was what first made me check for Blueprint who is part of a group called The Greenhouse Effect, you can download their album Columbus or Bust and you totally should. Anyway, I've finally gotten The Weightroom after all these years and I'm enjoying it.

No comments: