Oct 27, 2008

Back to the 80s

Another track has been leaked from 808s and Heartbreaks, and Kanye's not happy.

You can listen to 'Robocop' here

I've heard four tracks from the album so far, but I'm still not sure whether it's going to live up to the expectation that a Kanye West album now brings.One thing I haven't heard is any tracks from 50's new album. I found Curtis to be pretty disappointing. I'd be worried if I was 50. People have been stepping their rap game up. Kanye's been pushing the boundaries, Jay-Z has renewed vigour, Lil Wayne is in the form of his life, Game is coming out all heartfelt and emotional, Eminem is making a comeback, Ice Cube is back to gangsta rap... at this rate Dr Dre might even release Detox. But 50 kept doing the same old thing. It might still sell a few, but on the law of diminishing returns, he's going to lose sales if he doesn't do something to shake his performances up.

No comments: