Sep 30, 2008

Swimming in the Mainstream

Nick has been holding up this blog quite impressively, so I thought I should drop in to rep the mainstream a little bit.

I have not heard much from T.I. at all, aside from the occasional guest verse with Kanye, Destiny's Child and Justin Timberlake(!?). Anyway, here's a strange song he did with Rihanna, where he grabs the hook from the "Numa Numa" song that became famous on the internet a few years back - Live Your Life.

Surprisingly, his voice reminds me a bit of KJ-52, a (white) Christian rapper. I don't know much about T.I. apart from the occasional interview in XXL and the odd article online. I like what he tried to do with T.I. vs T.I.P., his alter-ego album. I don't know if it's worth checking him out much more, but the couple of songs I've heard, I reckon I could listen to his voice for a whole album.

Another thing I learned about T.I. that surprised me a bit is his close relationship with Eminem. Apparently Em's been giving him heaps of advice through all his legal troubles.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Nice work Gus. You've inspired me to check out The Paper Trail.