Sep 30, 2008

Taking it back - Naughty by Nature

I was listening to 19NaughtyIII this afternoon. I got it years ago for about $3 in a 2nd hand cd shop in Hobart. I've been listening to so much new music lately it was a relief to relax with something more familiar. Naughty by Nature seem to be largely forgotten these days but looking back, they had a pretty big impact in hip hop and had about a 10 year stretch (1989-1999) of doing great music.

Treach wrote Kris Kross' song 'Jump', Vin Rock is Mike Tyson's cousin and I don't know anything interesting about DJ Kay Gee. Treach was in the movie Juice (which was directed by a guy who directed some episodes of The Wire) along with Tupac and a bunch of other movies.

Check out my New Jersey playlist featuring Naughty by Nature, Redman, Outsidaz and The Fugees

No comments: